We call this the "Wild Country" rod-the SHORTEST fly rod available. Use this rod to fish places you can't fish with ANY other rod! A unique rod for fishing tight streams with lots of cover. This rod can cast a smaller line weight if desired. The slow action blank is a Wild Water design made from Composite Graphite. This rod has all the great features of our other Starter Package rods. This package includes our smallest die cast aluminum reel loaded with backing, weight forward 3 weight floating line and a 7.5' tapered leader, a rod sock, rod case, fly box with 9 flies and a spare leader.
Model: AX3-056-4 Rod: 5'6"', 4 Piece Rod; Rod Action: Slow; Reel: 2/3 Die Cast Aluminum; Backing: 17 yards, 20#; Line: WF-3F, 15 yards; Leader: 7'6" 5X Tapered Monofilament (one leader loaded on reel and one spare leader); Fly Box: Wild Water's Small Fly Box; Flies: 9 Flies, Black Winged Ant, Parachute Adams and Gold Ribbed Hare'e Ear Nymph; Rod Case: Wild Water's Wild Country Case (approximately 22") that holds the rod, reel and fly box.
Changing the Reel Retrieve Direction: All Wild Water starter package reels come preinstalled for left-handed retrieve. To change the reel retrieve from left hand to right hand, you need to first release the spool from the frame. Set the frame aside. On the inside of the spool, you will see a metal hexagonal clip that is held in place by small tabs and this clip is holding the bearing housing in place. Take a small screw driver and pry one of the ends of the clip out from under the tabs. Make sure you hold your finger over the clip so that it does not go flying out of the spool. Once you remove the clip, you need to flip the spool over and the bearing housing will come out. Flip the bearing house over and reinstall it. Replace the hexagonal clip to secure the bearing housing. At this point the reel retrieve direction in change, but you will need to strip off the the backing and line and reinstall it in the opposite direction--turn the drag knob all the way to the right to tighten it and you will only be able to freely turn the spool in one direction--that is the direction the line should go on the spool.
The Wild Water Fly Fishing Rod Warranty:
If your Wild Water Fly Fishing fly rod is damaged, Wild Water Fly Fishing will repair or replace it for $35.00.
Warranty terms and conditions:
1. There is a THREE STEP procedure for warranty repairs and replacements:
Step 1. Send ALL sections of your rod to:
Attn: Warranty Department
Wild Water Fly Fishing
P.O. Box 603
Ontario, NY 14519
Step 2. Include a check or money order for $35, made out to Wild Water Fly Fishing.
Contact Wild Water Fly Fishing at 585-967-3474 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange credit card payment before sending in warranty returns.
Step 3. Provide Wild Water Fly Fishing with a return shipping address for the rod.
Wild Water Fly Fishing will not repair or replace a rod until these three steps are completed.
2. The warranty information form must be returned within 30 days of purchase.
3. MISUSE, ABUSE and NEGLECT are not covered by the warranty.
4. You must read, understand and follow the instructions in åäÌÝÌHow to Avoid Breaking Your RodåäÌÝå published by Wild Water Fly Fishing. A copy is shipped with each rod.
5. The Wild Water Fly Fishing rod warranty does not cover rods that have been modified in any way.
6. The Wild Water Fly Fishing rod warranty does not cover loss, theft or fire.
7. Wild Water Fly Fishing bamboo rods are not covered under this warranty.
8. Substitutions will be made if the model returned is no longer available.
9. Additional shipping charges apply when shipping rods outside of the continental U.S.
10. The Wild Water Fly fishing rod warranty is for the original owner only.
11. Wild Water Fly Fishing reserves the right to change any and all terms of the warranty at any time, and without notice. Check www.wildwaterflyfishing.com for up-to-date warranty information before sending warranty returns to Wild Water Fly Fishing.